Article: "All about Ants"
Story: "The Fun They Had"
Song: "America, the Beautiful"
Poem: "Rain in the City"
DIRECTIONS: Tell which word in each book title should be capitalized. Use the active board to correct.
1. citizen of the galaxy 2. beyond the divide 3. bridge to terabithia
4. a sound of chariots 5. henry and the clubhouse 6. soup in the saddle
**Capitalize the first, last , and all important words in a title.The titles are underlined.
each sentence and capitalize the title correctly.Use
the active board to correct.
7. Susie looked for u.s.a today at the library.
8. Bob asked the librarian about the magazine sports and fitness.
9. The librarian told Lisa about the book demo and the dolphin.
10. She thought Tina would enjoy a cricket in times square.
11. Marcia found encyclopedia brown takes the case.
12. Then she read the book a light in the attic.
13. Beryl enjoyed the magazine called world of photography.
14. She saw beautiful pictures in a book called the rain forest.
15. Dan read about bats in the magazine science for everyone.
16. Zack found my side of the mountain.
17. My favorite book is the search for delicious.
18. "Over the Top"
19. "Sing a Song"
20. The Washington Post
22. "National Parks"
24. "It's a Small World"
25. "Never on Time"
Extra Practice: Text pg. 448
A. IN EACH OF THE FOLLOWING SENTENCES, A TITLE IS UNDERLINED. WRITE EACH SENTENCE, AND CAPITALIZE EACH TITLE CORRECTLY.
1. My favorite book is wind in the willows.
2. Don's mother writes for the miami herald.
3. How to train your parakeet is a useful book.
4. Our textbook is called macmillan language arts today.
5. Leila subscribes to better homes and gardens.
6. I read cheaper by the dozen for my report.
7. I would recommend that you read dear mr. henshaw.
8. Debbie reported on the book and now miguel.
9. I enjoyed reading arthur for the very first time.
10. Did you like james and the giant peach?
1. My favorite book is The Wind in the Willows.
2. Don's mother writes for The Miami Herald.
3. How to Train Your Parakeet is a useful book.
4. Our textbook is called Macmillan Language Arts Today.
5. Leila subscribes to Better Homes and Gardens.
6. I read Cheaper by the Dozen for my report.
7. I would recommend that you read Dear Mr. Henshaw.
8. Debbie reported on the book And Now Miguel.
9. I enjoyed reading Arthur for the Very First Time.
10. Did you like James and the Giant Peach?
WRITE EACH OF THE FOLLOWING TITLES CORRECTLY.
We'll use the active board to check/correct.
11. the los angeles times (newspaper)
12. the cry of the crow (book)
13. the care of tropical fish (article)
14. sports illustrated (magazine)
15. a simple song (song)
16. dady fell into the pond (poem)
17. the fox and the goat(story)
18. stopping by woods on a snowy day (poem)
why there are four seasons in the year (story)
11. The Los Angeles Times (newspaper)
12. The Cry of the Crow (book)
13. "The Care of Tropical Fish" (article)
14. "Sports Illustrated" (magazine)
15. "A Simple Song" (song)
16. "Daddy Fell into the Pond" (poem)
17. "The Fox and the Goat" (story)
18. "Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Day" (poem)
19. "Why There Are Four Seasons in the Year" (story)
WRITE EACH SENTENCE. CAPITALIZE EACH TITLE CORRECTLY. ADD QUOTATION MARKS
OR UNDERLINE WHERE THEY ARE NEEDED.
20. Every week Jenny reads the magazine newsweek.
21. Have you seen my book alice in wonderland?
22. The westwood daily is an excellent newspaper.
23. Kay has read the book charlotte's web twice.
24. The pictures in the article birds of the world are beautiful.
25. Does the library have the book mr. revere and i?
quotation marks to punctuate titles of articles, stories, songs, and poems.
Underline titles of books, magazines , and newspapers.
20. Every week Jenny reads the magazine Newsweek.
21. Have you seen my book Alice in Wonderland?
22. The Westwood Daily is an excellent newspaper.
23. Kay has read the book Charlotte's Web twice.
24. The pictures in the article "Birds of the World" are beautiful.
25. Does the library have the book Mr. Revere and I?
Lesson 4 Wksht. pg. 5
Draw a circle around the first letter of each word that should begin with a capital letter. Use quotation marks and underlining in the right places.We will use the active board to check.
1. Penny played carry me back to old virginny on the piano.
2. jingle bells
3. Liz called her report the start of the monsoon.
4. Tara read the book the victory at ribbon pass.
5. Sara Shope wrote the story learning to fish.
6. Gary reported on the book a famous race horse.
7. red badge of courage
8. mice is a poem written by Rose Flyeman.
9. race against the clock is a story about a girl named sarah.
10. Irving Berlin's first hit song was called alenander's ragtime band.
11. the call of the wild
12. she'll be comin' 'round the mountain
13. the musician Jean Sibelius wrote valse triste.
14. Barry just bought the book a scout's handbook.
PRACTICE PG. 90 WORKSHEET.
REWRITE EACH SENTENCE. CAPITALIZE EACH TITLE CORRECTLY AND US UNDERLINING OR QUOTATION MARKS. We will use the active board to check/correct.
When my class went to the library, I checked out the fun book of facts.
For her book report, Cora chose great inventions of the past.
I noticed that Otis was reading the magazine highlights for children.
Because Brad was from Chicago, he was looking at the chicago tribune.
Pepe was looking for the song Bingo.
I saw Nina carrying a book that included the poem storm at night.