United Streaming Resource: Southwest Region: The Environment (17:00) and /or Southwest Region: People and Heritage(19:00)
1. mesa - (p. 338) a hill or small plateau with a flat top and steep sides.
2. rainshadow - (p 339)the drier side of the mountain that receives little or no precipitation.
3. adobe (p 343) a sun-dried clay brick.
4. mission (p. 343) a settlement started by Catholic priests where they taught Native Americans about Christianity.
5. society ( p 344) a group of people who have many things in common.
6. reservation ( 346) An area of land set aside by the government for use by American Indians.
Active Board Practice
1. _______________________ a group of people who have many things in common.
2. _______________________ the drier side of a mountain that receives little or no precipitation.
3. _______________________ a sun-dried clay brick
4. _______________________ a settlement started by Catholic priests where they taught Native Americans about Christianity.
5. _______________________ an area of land set aside by the government for use by American Indians.
6. ________________________ a hill or small plateau with a flat top and steep sides.
1. As you go from east to west across the Southwest, the climate becomes ____________________________ pg. 336.
natural resources found in the Southwest are used to supply energy? pg.
did the Pueblos use to build their homes? Pg 343
do cactus thrive in the desert?
do farmers in various parts of the S.W. grow different crops? p 337
_________________ is a person who claimed land in Oklahoma before the land
rush started. p. 345
2. uranium, coal , petroleum
4. It is able to store water in its thick stem.
5. Farmers grow different crops because the land and climate vary in different parts of the Southwest.